Friday, Nov. 24th (12pm-8pm) and Saturday, Nov. 25th (10am-5pm)
Waniyetu means “winter” in Lakota, and it’s time to come find the most amazing and unique gifts for the holidays at Racing Magpie. Regional Native and non-Native artists will be on hand to show off their artwork that will make incredible gifts (for others or for yourself!). Something for everyone!
Our resident artists will have their studios open so you can see where they produce their beautiful art, and we are inviting other local Native artists for a once-in-a-season opportunity.
Other fine art offerings will be on display - from Native artists such as Jennifer White (Arikara), Robert Martinez (Northern Arapaho), James Star Comes Out (Oglala Lakota), Tani Gordon (Sicangu Lakota), and more!
On Friday, ONLY, the Lakota Sewing Circle will be selling gifts and food as a fundraiser for their organization. Stay tuned for the menu!
- Bird Cage Book Store and Mercantile
- Black Hills Playhouse
- Lucy Ganje and Scrap Iron Press Letterpress & Book Arts Studio
- Stan Hawkins - Lakota drums, breastplates, and jewelry
- Anne Horst - fused glass jewelry
- Ryan Hunter - arrowheads and more
- Lindsey Nolte - paintings, drawings and more
- Kelcey Nordvold - leather work
- Wade Patton - painting, drawing, and more
- Anna Robins - photography, cards, and more
- Cante Nunpa Strong - artwork of all kinds
- Angel Twobulls - Quilled jewelry and more
- Micheal TwoBulls - screenprinting, sculpture, and more
- Ray Tysdal - fine photography
- Dwayne Wilcox - ledger art, painting, and more
Other Artists (stay tuned for more!):
- Roger Broer - monoprints
- Jhon Duane Goes In Center (Lakota Jewelry) - fine jewelry
- Galen Laroche - fine photography
- Molina Jo Parker - beadwork
- Bryan Douglas Parker - painting and more
- Alex Romero-Frederick - western shirts, ribbon shirts, and more
- Lorri Ann Two Bulls - painting, gifts, and more
- Tosa Two Heart - original t-shirts, bags and other gifts
If you haven't had the opportunity to check out the "Responsibilities and Obligations: Understanding Mitakuye Oyasin" installation recently added to the gallery, this is the perfect time to come experience it as well.